Subject: Re: New subscriber
To: Pascal MARCELIN <marcelin@wanadoo.fr>
From: Martin Bertelsmann <gmb@g-mb.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/25/2003 10:49:51
Hi Pascal,

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Pascal MARCELIN wrote:

> Hello All,
> I decided to try installing NetBSD 1.6.1 this morning for the first time
> using a burnt ISO image. Here is my config :
>   A3000 D
>   MKII A3060
>   128=A0MB
>   CyberVision 3D
>   Ariadne II
>   Repulse II
>   MultiFace II
> I installed all packages, had the installer copy the kernel from the
> installation miniroot (the doc was not clear to me on this point).

well, you should install the kernel package and not the installation
kernel, IMHO.

> Having to use this Amiga for work, I was afraid of installing the bootblo=
ck
> code on the root disk so I didn't.

Well, the bootblock on an amiga system is limited to the partition you
install it on (unlike the MBR on D*S systems). It is needed to be able to
boot from the partition.

> All the installation process seemed successful but I'm unable to boot Net=
BSD
> with selecting the root partition from the Amiga boot menu.

Does the (root)partition (of netbsd) show up in the boot menu? if not you
would have to install the BFFS file system available on aminet via you
amigaos partitioning tool on the propper harddrive (something like add
filesystem and then enter the path to the filesystem file and the netbsd
root partition-id.

> Any suggestion?

You may want to use -n2 as a kernel boot option to add the mainboards
memory as well (otherwise only the 128MB on the CS would be used)

I hope that this was helpful to you

> Cordially,
> Pascal MARCELIN

Ciao