Subject: NetBSD and CD32 (again)
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Zacherle <zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/22/2003 13:43:19
Hello all,

I found one problem of my CD32. Every time I tried to access my
CD (either Amiga DOS or NetBSD) the system crashed. I thought it
was a temperature problem, but it wasn't. The voltage was 5.05
coming from the power plug. After going "inside" the CD32, there
were 4.92V left, after the switch only 4.84 and after the fuses
4.73. And this was without using the CD! No wonder it crashed.

I have an old mains adaptor from my Amiga 2000. There is a variable
resistor inside where you could "tune" the voltage. Well, now there
are 5.02V available (but now _in_ the CD32, not outside). My CD32
now runs solid like a rock!

If only I could use my CD drive. I get an error "device not
configured" when I try to mount. I will have to have a look at
dmesg. When I find something new I will tell you. This includes
X... ;-)

Bye

Michael

Dipl. Phys. Michael Zacherle    zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de
Studienzentrum für Sehgeschädigte, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Engesserstraße 4,          76128 Karlsruhe,           Germany
Tel.: (+49) 721/608-2760              Fax: (+49) 721/608-2020