Subject: sendmail + postfix = problems (Re: updating sendmail)
To: None <john@sixgirls.org>
From: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/29/2003 13:35:20
Hi,

I have tried to do my homework on this one, but I can't seem to find a
solution.

I have been running NetBSD 1.5.3 without any problems, and then I started
to notice more, and more sendmail daemons hanging. Until I had a very
large number of them. Now, I don't seem to be getting all my email, and
sending email seems to take a very long time sometimes.

Anyway, I tried to update sendmail. I compiled sendmail 8.12.9, and
installed but I can't relay from my own box. Also, in tests sending
emails to the server, it seems to lose some of the email. I I tried most
of the normal things. Like checking the conf, and permissions, but still
no luck. I then installed postfix. I can get post fix to send email, but
it bounces most of the emails that are incoming. I tried a working config
from a gen2 linux box, and I still don't get most of the incoming email.
Once again it is still bouncing it. Does anyone have a working postfix
config on a system running NetBSD?

I am really not sure what to do, but I need a working mail server quick.
Anyone have any ideas. Also, why would I be getting so may sendmails that
just sit there and hang. Is this some kind of dos attack, or is this
because of the large amount of spam, and viruses being sent out?

Thanks,
Al