Subject: Re: Reading bad floppies.
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: \"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kan Th=F6rngren?=\" <hth@update.uu.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/20/2003 21:30:17
>>>>> "Ignatios" =3D=3D Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org> writes:

Hmmm, I am replying to something that is more than a year old...

I am trying to dd amiga floppies on NetBSD 1.6 and the kernel panics
from time to time.  I believe it is when I encounter a read error.
It also panics when I switch floppy and try another dd.  I have a
vague memory that it used to work ~6 years ago when I had my A3000 up
running NetBSD last time, cannot remember the NetBSD version though..

Message given on console is:
panic: biodone already
Stopped in pid 199 (dd) at     cpu_Debugger+0x6:     unlk    a6

Is there a patch/fix available?

H=E5kan

Ignatios> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 03:41:27AM +1100, Darren Reed wrote:
>>=20
>> I've been dd'ing lots of floppies into ADF files (mmm, winuae) and h=
ave
>> found that reading some floppies can cause NetBSD (1.1) to panic.

Ignatios> dd-ing bad floppies can panic NetBSD-1.1? Sounds new to me.
=20
>> Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed since or should I di=
>> in and boot up a kernel, etc and file a decent PR?=20

Ignatios> This would be very helpful.

Ignatios> =09-is