Subject: Re: cardbus in GENERIC
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.sep.zwei@onlinehome.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/26/2002 00:22:28
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> right. Hm... can cardbus devices be driven by pcmcia? But, is this device
> really a cardbus card?

You've got me there. Right now I cannot find the reference to cardbus
I thought I had seen earlier.
Ok, let's forget this point :-)

 [ need of busspace.*_4 ]

> Up to know, we never needed this, as we never had anything with 32bit
> registers in a busified driver.

Hmm, maybe those 32 bits made me think about cardbus...PCMCIA can only
handle 16 bits.

> e.g., PCMCIA can't do this trick, and the ZII devices we're handling
> through busXXX() are 8 or 16bit.

Obviously it was added in v1.41 of dev/ic/smc91cxx.c. Every occurrence
of the bus_space.*_4 functions is in the 'else' branch of a test for
the MD flag SMC_FLAGS_32BIT_READ which will hopefully never be set on
an Amiga.

Should we add more 'fake 32-bit macros' in amiga/include/bus.h ?

Btw, after excluding the 'sm' device from the kernel config files, the
build of -current finished. Not tested yet.

ciao
     Klaus