Subject: Re: cardbus in GENERIC
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/25/2002 23:02:43
--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:32:24PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> Does it make sense to include cardbus devices in config-files for
> NetBSD/amiga? As far as I know the A1200 only has a (slightly broken?)
> PCMCIA slot.

right. Hm... can cardbus devices be driven by pcmcia? But, is this device
really a cardbus card?=20

Hm - and when was it added to GENERIC? All that work, to my knowledge,
are "ne2000 clones".

> Is bus_space(9) support for NetBSD/amiga as complete as it should be?
> The bus_space_.*_8 functions are certainly not necessary but ZorroIII
> supports 32 address and data lines (multiplexed).  So, isn't there a
> need for the bus_space.*_4 functions?

Up to know, we never needed this, as we never had anything with 32bit
registers in a busified driver.

e.g., PCMCIA can't do this trick, and the ZII devices we're handling=20
through busXXX() are 8 or 16bit.

--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum