Subject: Upgrade/installation only possible with network disabled
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Bertelsmann <m_bert@sol.wh-hms.uni-ulm.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/12/2002 21:56:55
Hi,

i got a problem upgrading my netbsd-amiga 1.5.2 to 1.5.3.  If i enable the
"enable network" option (which is the default of the installer) i get an
error message saying "netstat: kvm_read: bad address". If i remember it
correctly, it happened when i installed 1.5.2 as well.
The Problem occurs on 2 different amigas (an A4000T with Ariadne I and
Cybervision 64 and a Phase5 MK2 Turboboard with a 060 and an A2000 also
with an Ariadne 1 and a Picassso4 with a GVP 040 Turbo board).
After installing from local disk network cards work perfectly.
I booted the generic kernel with loadbsd and used the miniroot.fs.

Ciao

Martin

--
         __
 Amiga  /// | Martin Bertelsmann  | A4000T, 146MB RAM, Server Tower,