Subject: Re: Apollo 4040 SCSI
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jul.zwei@onlinehome.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/15/2002 02:58:20
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Get the docs and write support. But as far as I know, it is a polled-only
> programmed-i/o-only interface, so I guess using the Amiga 4000 IDE port
> won't be much slower. And I am NOT sure that the known timing problems of

Does this mean, it is possible to write a NetBSD driver for a hardware
device without an interrupt (== polled-only)? This sounds very much
like the old harddisk interfaces from way back in 1987, e.g. the OMTI 5520
I had on my A1000. You asked for a certain disk block, did busy-wait
until the status bit indicated the arrival of the disk block and then
had some unrolled loop to read the data from the data register.

ciao
     Klaus