Subject: Re: 1.5ZA snapshot
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/24/2002 18:25:58
Hi Ignatios Souvatzis, you wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 03:09:31PM +0100, Klaus Heinz wrote:

> > I ran into problems extracting the .tgz sets from a local 1.5.2 partition,
> > gzip/pax could not extract them, but gzip on 1.5.2 (amiga and i386) could
> > find no problem.
> >
> > There's PR port-amiga/16021 about this, now.
>
> I thought I had... I'll check next week.

I installed the 1.5ZA snapshot again manually without the miniroot (used
only the new ELF installboot, which does not run on 1.5.2).

The system started and was usable, I even started a build of 1.5ZC sources
and the build process ran for about 12 hours before I stopped it.

But after several tests (this time with gzip and bzip2) a shutdown
of the system ended in a panic (details available).

Should I append the details to PR port-amiga/16021?

ciao
     Klaus