Subject: Re: TCP/IP For A3000 workbench 2.0 ?
To: Sune Stjerneby <sst@vmunix.dk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/18/2002 21:00:38
On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:36:58PM +0100, Sune Stjerneby wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:20:48PM +0100, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> > > - AmiTCP:
> > >
> > >   To my knowledge the oldest stack, can be complex and bothersome
> > >   and might be unsupported (official site, www.nsdi.fi, no longer
> > >   responds). Commercial/shareware.
> >
> >  The oldest is still the original Commodore TCP/IP stack which was sold
> > for the Arcnet and Ethernet boards.
>
> Was that AS-225? It didn't support SANA-II devices, if I recall correctly.

AS225Rsomething _did_ support Sana2 - it was the stack that Sana2 was
invented for.

> There was also something called Envoy, but whether it did TCP/IP and
> bsdsockets is doubtful.

It doesn't. It provides, afaict, a functionality similar to Lanmanager or
Appletalk, over RDP/IP.

(Although, due to shortcomings in the original Sana2 specification, most
people used two different protocol numbers to run RDP and it's ARP on, for
Envoy, instead of the IP and ARP one.)

Regards,
	Ignatios