Subject: Re: Serial port and Dialup?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/15/2002 20:16:21
On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 11:17:21PM +0000, hunter5@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

> i was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me how i get my Amiga to
> dial out using BSD what files i have to setup with the dial up number and
> what serial port i want to use (HyperCOM) i have installed 1.5.2 of NetBSD
> on an A1200 with HyperCOM serial the docs say that NetBSD supports this

Sorry to disappoint you, but the NetBSD docs say:

       * HyperCom Z3 (serial only), HyperCom 4, 3+ and 4+

not the A1200 clock port HyperComs. Wouldn't be too difficult, but I didn't
have the hardware to test it back then, so it never was done.

I suggest that you use the built-in serial port until it is available -
that would be /dev/tty00. Use the minimum needed line speed for your
connection, and prefer PPP compression (switch off the modem compression),
to minimize interupt rate, and the performance should not be too bad.