Subject: Help?!?!?!?! (fwd)
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: None <hunter5@blueyonder.co.uk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/14/2002 02:54:12
Hello,

Hi majordomo@netbsd.org

I need some help installing NetBSD i have a problem with it recognising the
Amiga Harddrives with this being the media i want to install from my set up
on the harddrives is

A) 200meg 2.5inch HDD in 2 partitions
                 1.   70meg for swap
                 2.   130meg boot partition for the Amiga

B) 1.9 gig HDD in 3 partitions
                 1. 777meg for NetBSD /root and so on
                 2. 1gig Files for the Amiga also where the install sets are
for NetBSD
                 3. a small 127meg partition (actually wanted to set that up
as the /usr but in the install it wants to set that as the swap and the
70meg on drive a is ignored

Drive a is where the miniroot.fs is installed
I am using the netbsd.generic as i need to have 2 SCSI CDRoms recognised and
a 4x4 IDE CDRom and an LS120 drive I also have the HyperCOM serial port so
basically wanted the bigger NetBSD kernel to make sure most (especially the
HyperCOM) is recognised but it will not let me install from ftp as it doesnt
ask for the dial up number for my ISP or anything it just asks where from

if anyone out there could easily describe how i can get NetBSD to actually
install on to this system i would be most greatfull

it recognises the 1gig ados partition as sd1e but if i tell it to get the
files from there it says device not configured

Kind regards
--
----
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.

Amiga Lives
Dion
(Amiga user since 1987)