Subject: Re: amigappc?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/05/2002 21:51:10
On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:14:12PM +0100, J.O. Aho wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, David Hopper wrote:
>
> > I'd love to install this, to help with debugging and testing...  What's the
> > status of amigappc?  Is there / will there be a discussion forum somewhere?
>
> There is a really dead maillist port-amigappc@netbsd.org
>

> > I've noticed that there are binary packages for mozilla available, which
> > implies 1) a working xserver, and 2) working uber-application compiles.
>
> For AmigaPPC???

sure. Once it runs multiuser on AmigaPPC, the powerpc packages will run there,
too. All the "normal" userland is the same for all NetBSD/powerpc ports, the
same way as it is the same for all NetBSD/m68k ports.

> I hope there could be some update on the official amigappc homepage, there
> aren't a word about anything at all. :(

Well, progress has stalled a bit due to real life for both myself and Adam,
the other contributor. I expect we will revive it once the in-tree cross-build
support has been shaken out.

Regards,
	Ignatios