Subject: Re: Ginseng and settings...
To: J.O. Aho <trizt@aho.dynodns.net>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/29/2001 14:16:37
> I have played just a little bit with it, but I don't manage to get it work as I
> want. I would like to create a ftp-user with a password, but I don't want to
> allow this user to have any other access (no telnet, pop3 and so on).
>
> Is this possible? if yes, how do I do that?
> and the chroot file, how should it look like, at the moment I only have a
> completly empty file.

http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ftpd+8
or
man ftpd

ftpd has options in /etc/ftpd.conf that allow you to chroot, set umask,
set bandwidth caps, allow anonymous users, and more.

The way to make a user for anonymous use is to add a line like so:
ftp:*:92:92::0:0:Anonymous FTP:/usr/ftp:/sbin/nologin

to your /etc/master.passwd (then pwd_mkdb -p /etc/master.passwd).

I think that should help!

John Klos