Re: 1.5.1 miniroot broken?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:07:06AM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:
> Lars Hecking writes:
> >
> > > mount should not require a fstab entry. What error message do you
> > > get on the above command, exactly?
> >
> >  mount /kern/rootdev /
> > mount: partition `/kern/rootdev' is not available on disk
>
>  s/available/defined/

Yes, you're right. And the 1.5.1 miniroot is broken.
Actually, the mount command was changed to guess more wisely the file system
type it uses, which failes for the anonymous /kern/rootdev (the install
script uses this internally, to).

There are two possible workaround for you:

a) easy one: use the 1.5 miniroot to install the 1.5.1 distribution sets.
b) potentially more correct one:

after you're asked whether you want to I)install or U)pgrade, type
ctrl-c instead, then

# mount -t ffs -u /kern/rootdev /

Note the -t ffs - thats the difference, because it makes sure the changed
code in mount isn't called.

Sorry for the mess - looks like the 1.5.1 miniroot wasn't tested.

Regards,
        Ignatios