Re: Problems while booting NetBSD 1.5.1

> Hi, I need your advice !
>
> Using A4000D, CSPPC 604 with 68060 (original DCE), 128 MB, SCSI2-HDD chained
> to CSPPC.
>
> After transferring MINIROOT.FS (xstreamtodev) to prepared partition
> SWAP: sitting on the 2 GB SCS2-harddisk and rebboting NetBSD 1.5.1
> initializes, recognizes all builtin hardware correctly, scanning all
> available drives correctly, and then hangs with the message "4 views
> configured" and a blinking cursor.
>
> Does anybody know what I've done wrong, maybe some settings in
> CSPPC-Bootmenue or something else ?

After the SCSI bus is scanned, do you see something indicating wide
negotiation and / or sync negotiation?

Like:
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <IBM, DDYS-T18350N, S80D> SCSI3 0/direct fixed
sd0: 17501 MB, 15110 cyl, 6 head, 395 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 35843670 sectors
cbiiisc0: target 1 now wide 1
cbiiisc0: target 1 now synchronous, period=50ns, offset=16

Your SCSI bus may be cranky. Try to turn off sychronous mode by typing
this in when the bootblocks give you a prompt:
-I ff
You may want to include -b, too, since this will prompt you for a root
device.

Good luck,
John Klos