Re: 1.5.1 miniroot broken?

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:10:54PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  I can't upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.1. At several stages during install,
>  I get a message about files not being created in /tmp because of a
>  Read-only filesystem.

  I had this problem with 1.5. I guess the problem is the way the miniroot
  checks whether / is already mounted rw. The install script checks if
  a stamp file exists. If it exists it assumes / is already writeable BUT
  the stamp file was created in an earlier install attempt.
  If you mount / rw, delete the stampfile (its a dot file) and then start
  the script again it should work fine.
  Note: Its probably enough to mount / rw and start the script.

  Gunther