Subject: Re: 1.5.1 miniroot broken?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/18/2001 21:21:38
Gunther Nikl writes:
[...]
>   I had this problem with 1.5. I guess the problem is the way the miniroot
>   checks whether / is already mounted rw. The install script checks if
>   a stamp file exists. If it exists it assumes / is already writeable BUT
>   the stamp file was created in an earlier install attempt.

 I'm afraid this is not the case. How could there be an install file from
 an earlier attempt if I have just done a fresh miniroot install under
 AmigaOS?

 There is no stamp file. Any attempt to write into / fails.

>   If you mount / rw, delete the stampfile (its a dot file) and then start
>   the script again it should work fine.
>   Note: Its probably enough to mount / rw and start the script.

 How? I tried mount -u {root_device|/kern/root_device} /, but all fails
 because there is no fstab. /etc/fstab is linked to /tmp/fstab.shadow.
 Which for obvious reasons cannot exist.

David Brownlee writes:
> 	Is anyone interested in testing a simple patch for this?
> 	You'll need to be able to build your own miniroot...

 Very interested. If I can build the miniroot under 1.5 somehow.