Re: HDToolbox identifier

On 13 Jun 2001, Georges Heinesch wrote:

> I would like to use a JAZ disk as backup medium for / and /usr (NetBSD
> 1.5). Which identifier should I use in HDToolBox?
>
>     root partition  : 0x4e425207
>     swap partition  : 0x4e425301
>     other partitions: 0x4e425507
>
> 0x4e425507 ?

I think it's better to just format it under netbsd, and you will get the right
type at once, as you should treat it like a removeble media (like a floppy or
zip).

> When I format the drive, should I use ...
>     1. newfs /dev/sd2a
>     2. newfs /dev/rsd2a
>     3. newfs /dev/sd2c
>     4. newfs /dev/rsd2c
>     5. newfs /dev/sd2d
>     6. newfs /dev/rsd2d

I think /dev/sd2

the character after the 2 is the partion number, when you have only one then
you don't have to use the character (not sure if it would work to use it).
sd I think is used for standard main scsi card.

Hopefully my information is right.

                                                                  (. .)
  E-Mail: trizt%iname.com@localhost                     URL:
http://home.bip.net/trizt/
     IRC: irc.localhost.net:6667             Chan: #RealAmiga     Nick: Trizt
     ICQ: 13696780
  System: MorphOS/Linux System                    (PPC603e/160   AMD K7D/900)
                Find useful software, surf to www.trogsoft.org