Re: HD Floppy Drives

Quoting Petri Koistinen (14-Jun-01 07:06:30):

> On 13 Jun 2001, Georges Heinesch wrote:

>> Hi.
>>
>> Does NetBSD 1.5 support DD/HD floppy drivers?

> I don't know about drivers, but aleast floppy drives are supported:
> "Amiga floppy drives with Amiga (880kB/1760kB) and IBM (720kB/1440
> kB) block encoding." ;-)

Typo ... "drivers" should have been "drives" ... sorry!

> As it says on http://www.fi.netbsd.org/Ports/amiga/ page.
> Remember that if you want to use HD floppies, you must have HD
> floppy in disk drive while booting or drive is identified as DD
> drive.

Ok, when doing so, msdos (FAT) HD disks can still not be mounted,
while the same HD FAT disk is read without any problem on a
NetBSD/i386 machine.

Does the combination HD/msdos work for NetBSD/amiga?
(the drive itself is of course HD capable)

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%geohei.lu@localhost

... all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal ...