Default NKMEMPAGES values (was: kmem_map problem)

Hello,

I've looked into the default values for NKMEMPAGES for all of the
architectures NetBSD supports, and I'm a little puzzled. According to the
comments in the code, the number of NKMEMPAGES is calculated by physical
ram size times some machine dependent code.

Looking at i386 machines, this is true: a machine with 192 megs of memory
has 12260 vm.nkmempages; a machine with 256 megs has 16280.

But Amigas have 384 always, whether 16 or 256 megs.

Is there something fundamentally different about the MMUs in m68k and
i386? If there isn't, then shouldn't
NKMEMPAGES_MAX_DEFAULT  ((3 * 1024 * 1024) >> PAGE_SHIFT)
be increased in sys/arch/amiga/include/param.h?

Finally, should I assume that my 128 meg Amiga should have 4000 NKMEMPAGES
(i386 has 8000 for 128 meg with 4k pages; Amiga uses 8k pages).

Thanks very much,
John Klos
--
The proof of a system's value is its existence.