Re: make readme (pkgsrc)

Ignatios Souvatzis wibbled one day
> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 07:13:49PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:

> > Is it "normal" that "make readme" inside /usr/pkgsrc takes days (!) on
> > a A3000 with CSPPC 060/604 (50/233 MHz). I let it run for more than 2
> > days and interrupted it at /usr/pkgsrc/games.

> > What's so difficult in maiking README.html files?
> > Is there possibly any Amiga related problem here?
> > How can I make it faster?

> Faster disk, I guess. Then, faster disk, and then, faster disk.

I'm not convinced faster disks would help significantly in perfomaing
the 'make readme' thing. The disks on My A3000 are basically idle while
this is going on.

> Of course, a 500 MHz CPU would help a bit, too.

Now that would help. If I nfs mount /usr/pkgsrc onto my -current box,
which is a 1,3GHz Athlon, things go a lot quicker... But then I guess
that isn't too surprising =)

--
I turn my back to the wind
To catch my breath.