Re: Pixel errors - CV64

Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (04-May-01 17:14:59):

>> > See above. Standard Unix behaviour, for some values of Unix.
>>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>              xconsole yes, but the pixel errors aren't stadard Unix
>>              behaviour.

> Ok, SunOS does use raster graphics text console, so it scrolls all
> the graphics  up, replacing by readable text.

Didn't know ...

> This is at least equally disturbing.

Agreed!

> The "pixel errors" are just some part of the screen overwritten. For
> most hardware, nothing else happens, and xrefresh will rewrite your
> screen, and you should run xconsole anyway.

Didn't know about the xrefresh either. With "Eterm -C" and xrefresh,
it works fine now for me. The point was that I thought of some bug,
but if SunOS also behaves similarly, I guess that's it's the standard
UNIX behavour.

Thanks for the clarifications.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%geohei.lu@localhost

... Orville Wright didn't have a pilot's license ...