Re: Poor Ariadne Performance on 10/100 Hub

On 30.03.01, 22:41:40, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> > Is there anything else that I could try to figure out what exactly
> > goes wrong?
>
>  Is there any chance to set the Ariadne to half-duplex as well? I have
> these problems with my Laptop, too, when I forget to switch it to
> half-duplex rather full-duplex on a specific switching hub at work place.

That was my first thought, too, after I had similar troubles with my
server, too, until I switched its interface to half-duplex.

So I checked the media options for the Ariadne device (le), and
there's no way to change the duplex mode. Checking back with mails
from the port-amiga mailing list, several posters said the the Ariadne
(1) could not do full-duplex at all. So either it's (undocumentedly)
_always_ doing full-duplex, or it must be something else.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: demonic power.
                -- R. C. Dowdeswell