Subject: Re: Poor Ariadne Performance on 10/100 Hub
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/30/2001 23:31:57
On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:17:46PM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> So I checked the media options for the Ariadne device (le), and
> there's no way to change the duplex mode. Checking back with mails
> from the port-amiga mailing list, several posters said the the Ariadne
> (1) could not do full-duplex at all. So either it's (undocumentedly)
> _always_ doing full-duplex, or it must be something else.

Uhm... two thoughts:

a) as the Ariadne isn't full-duplex, your hub might be confused and try to
do full-duplex. can you fix it at hdx?

b) When the Ariadne is in auto mode, it switches (with our driver) away from
its port to the other one, if it things it sees no carrier (afaic deduce
from 3 seconds worth of browsing the source.) You should try

ifconfig le$N media 10baset

(if not already done) to force it to TP.

Regards,
	Ignatios