Subject: Serial port and null modem, ppp
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Francois Landry <franois.landry4@sympatico.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/20/2001 15:18:27
Hi again,

Just for testing my serial connection, I installed minicom. When I'm in AmigaDos, I can type on my windows terminal
and receive it on the amiga terminal and also the reverse.

Minicom starts alright. I am not sure if /dev/tty00 is the right serial port. I'm on a vanilla A3k.
Configurations are the same on both terms. The link works in amigados.

I get

minicom: cannot open /dev/tty00: Permission denied

I commented out the line in /etc/ttys that uses the amiga serial and rebooted a couple of times just to make
sure :).

What else could be using the tty00? Once I get the terms to talk to each other, it won't be too long to set up
ppp.

Francois Landry
Rivière-du-Loup, Québec, Canada
http://www.zouiclerks.com