Subject: Re: New kid on the NetBSD-Amiga block
To: Francois Landry <franois.landry4@sympatico.ca>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/13/2001 23:30:33
> Hi!

Hello!

> Just to let you know I just installed and use NetBSD 1.5 on my Amiga
> 3000 12Mb 4G (2 gigs for NetBSD).

Congrats!

> I love learning about NetBSD and it also gives me a chance to practice
> my C programming :)

Good!

> If anybody knows a place where I can get a used Ethernet or Arcnet
> card for my Amiga, used if possible and at a good price, please tell
> me.

http://www.compuquick-amigadirect.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?cart_id=3965944_5112&keywords=ethernet
No bull, prompt delivery, fast card that's well supported by NetBSD.

All of the ethernet cards I've bought on eBay have cost me at least $80,
and all of the older ones are pretty slow. The Commodore A2065s are OK,
but require a transceiver in order to work with 10-base-T.

Therefore, paying a little extra for a brand new card isn't a bad idea.
Also, it has clock ports and IDE ports, although I don't think they're
supported in NetBSD (yet...)

> Keep up the good work; I hope I can contribute soon.

I'm sure that we'll find some problems to have you work on. Welcome!

John Klos
--
Help find a cure for MS!
  Reeducate a Windows sysadmin!