Subject: Re: Umlaute in tcsh
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/08/2001 12:17:11
Quoting Bernd Ernesti (07-Mar-01 08:13:30):

>> > Aaa-haaa, so THAT'S how you get that bastard shell to figure
>> > out 8bit characters (despite bragging in the manpage about how
>> > 8bit-clean it is, no-one I know of has managed to get едц
>> > working in it). I got sick of it and simply switched to bash
>> > which has a sane sh-compatible programming-grammar instead. :)
>>
>>  Well, actualy LC_TYPE setting might also be "de" or "fr" instead
>>  of
>> "iso_8859_1" (or "iso_8859_7").

> Thats wrong for current.

> The current settings for LC_TYPE have to be de_DE.ISO8859-1 or
> fr_FR.ISO8859-1 Nothing else when you want the locales for Germany
> or France.

> The old ctype.tar.gz isn't officaly supported by NetBSD.

On the other hand, look at:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/#locales

The locale.tgz file mentioned there is exactly the same as the old
ctype.tar.gz I use. However the variable is different.

$LC_ALL is used there. I use $LC_CTYPE.

What's the difference, and, far more important, where are all those
variables documented ???

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu

... all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal ...