Subject: Re: kernel manipulations
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/08/2001 18:10:34
On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:28:20PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> ----- cut here -----
> grfcc0 at mainbus0
> grf0 at grfcc0: width 640 height 400 colors 4

  You should remove grf0 and everything you don't have in your A3000.
  Its not needed at all if you have a CV64.

> ----- cut here -----
>
> Hope I didn't cut the most interesting part.

  You did :-) There must be a line saying something about "console".

> >  You must add a line in rc.local (?) that loads this file. With 1.5
> >  this line is already present but commented if my memory serves me
> >  right. INSTALL.X11 explains what todo with a modes file.
>
> That's done. Hmmm ... I didn't see it commented.

  I was under the impression that the miniroot install does add such
  a line to rc.local.

> While looking at dmesg above, grf_cc.c should be the right one.

  No, this is the custom-chip driver! Your driver is grf_cv.c
  Please be VERY careful if you change something there!

  BTW, you should be able to change the console resolution with an
  appropriate line in your grfmodes file. Check the mailing list
  archive. Only the _color_ can currently not be changed from the
  commandline, IMHO. This should be possible too, as soon NetBSD/amiga
  has wscons support, but I can be wrong.

  Gunther