Subject: Re: Stopping the PPC
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/05/2001 14:13:34
Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (05-Mar-01 20:40:53):

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 04:06:01PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:

>> loadbsd [-abhkpstADSVZ] [-c machine] [-m mem] [-n flags] [-I
>> sync-inhibit] kernel
>>
>> "-ASn2" actually shouldn't work because "-n" is split from "-AS". I
>> would do it "-AS -n2". Why does "-ASn2" work?

> man 3 getopt

But loadbsd runs on AmigaOS and not on NetBSD.
Gonna look at getopt(3)

>> I tried to applied the same (to me, non-understandable rule) with
>> "-I". There -ASn2I0xffffff" doesn't work. I have to use "-AS -n2
>> -I0xffffff".

> -ASn2 -I0xffffff should work, IMHO.

Agreed! It does.

>> That's already quite interesting, but the best part comes now:
>> "-aSI0xffffffn2" doesn't work with loadbsd
>> "-aSI0xffffffn2" works while compiled into the bootblock ?!?!

> Hm, the bootblock doesn't have a full getopt(3) copy, I think, so it
> can only use a limited part of its features.

Ok, so there's a difference.

>> > then make depend && make && make install in
>> > /sys/arch/amiga/stand/bootblock/
>>
>> > then use the installboot script to install it (while in single
>> > user mode).
>>
>> "sh ./installboot /usr/mdec/xxboot /dev/rsd1a" worked!

> oh? At security level > 0, the writing to raw disk devices whose
> buffered part is mounted (actually, opened) should be blocked. Whats
> your security level?

I didn't say that I would be in multi-user mode. While doing that, I
was in single mode (security level 0). What made you think that I
wasn't?

>> Why is single user operation necessary?

> In single user mode, the security level is (normally) 0.

Ah ... that's why! Ok.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu

... don't do anything, I wouldn't do ...