Subject: Re: newbie pkg question
To: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/04/2001 09:08:09
> I would like to install the window manager Enlightenment on my
> NetBSD/amiga 1.5 system. The NetBSD page shows multiple packages which
> have to be installed already on the system. Do I need to install all
> of those manually before even thinking of installing Enlightenment, or
> is there some kind of automated installation feature within NetBSD
> or/and pkg to do this job?

 If you have either the pkgsrc or all (the required) pkg binaries on your
hard drive or if you are using ftp-URL for downloading, it will all be
done automatically.

 Do not mix pkg installations with already manually installed archives in
e.g. /usr/local/

 Please read more about packages here:
http://www.(de.)netbsd.org/Documentation/software/

Markus Illenseer