ctype.tar.gz

Hi.

I have the file ctype.tar.gz in my directory which contains all
necessary files to be installed (from a previous NetBSD 1.3
installation). However I can't remember any more what it's for ?!?!
It's a character set, but for what and how must I use it?

Any ideas?

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei%geohei.lu@localhost

... better do a good thing today, than a perfect thing tomorrow ...