Subject: Re: Moving to ELF...
To: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@pulstar.man.szczecin.pl>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/27/2001 22:23:23
> Ignatios,
>
> Yesterday I cross-compiled the kernel on NetBSD-i386 with EXEC_ELF,
> and most of the distribution with cross-m68k-netbsdelf.
> It was the yesterday's source tree (SUP updated).
>
> Good news:
> - the kernel works fine, altough it is not a GENERIC one, but my own
>   configuration; it executes ELF binaries
> - dynamic libraries are working
>
> Bad news:
> - there are several problems with old-style assembler sources, especially in:
>   * M68040 FPSP
>   * gzip
>   * sys/arch/amiga

Hm, is this really the toolchain as should be used as per the recipe
from the sun3 post? If yes, please show a log with the error messages
to the public (port-amiga).

Especially as of gzip and FPSP, they are the same for all the m68k
architectures and therefore I believe that would have  been caught by the
mvme68k or sun3 people.

Regards,
	Ignatios