Subject: Re: Moving to ELF...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: ali \(Anders Lindgren\) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/26/2001 03:24:03
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> If anybody wants to help:
>
> * The m68k ELF has different structure alignment properties than m68k a.out,
> which is identical to m68k AmigaOS in this respect.

I'm not sure what this should mean because I know next to nothing about
a.out or AmigaOS hunk-format, but I'm sure someone will explain. :)

> Somebody should check all stuff passed between AmigaOS (loadbsd or bootblock)
> and kernel to see whether strange structures are involved. More about this
> issue can be found in the port-m68k archive at mail-index.netbsd.org.

Hrrm any idea where? I have always found that archive utterly useless,
since it's sorted on the one key nobody cares about -- date.

> * somebody has to check whether a kernel compiled with the new toolchain
> actually (compiles and) runs correctly.

I have at least one machine (A4000, CyberStorm040-40mkII/SCSI), possibly
two (A3000/040-25) I can compile and try kernels on. Not sure if the
A3000 has enough disk for builds though (only one 540M disk available
for another OS).

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali