Subject: Re: Moving to ELF...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: ali \(Anders Lindgren\) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/23/2001 00:14:21
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, John Klos wrote:

> will become ELF based? Is this going to happen on Amiga as well?

1.5/port-amiga isn't ELF? Ouch, guess I didn't look too well.
Just assumed it was when I shoved 1.5(_ALPHA2) onto my A4k. :-)

I'm surprised this hasn't happened. There are plenty of
ports with the same endianness already using ELF, and
given the portability of NetBSD...

Heck, I'm even writing an ELF loader for ARM and UltraSparc
(at work and university, respectively) myself -- and although
I neither have experience hacking the NetBSD source nor any
of that mythical ``spare time'' people talk about, I too
would like to know what a lowly C-hacker like me could do.

I understand this is a big step given that pretty much
everything (at least when it comes to toolchain etc) is
affected by it, but I can't imagine ELF itself posing
any problems (rather a nifty little format, I'd say).

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali