Subject: can i "force" NetBSD to only use a specific block of Memory ?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: John Vrolijk <bcnjvro@dsnstar.dsn.ericsson.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/15/2001 10:49:50
Hello
I was wondering if I can force NetBSD to only use a specific block of memory.
I want to test if NetBSD will run fine when I only use the 16MB of onboard
RAM
on my A4000 since I'm still having weird problems when I use the memory on
the Apollo 4060 accelerator card.

Since I had similar weird problems running Linux, I tried to run Linux using
only the 16MB of onboard RAM and although it was slow, I managed to get X to
run and compile a kernel without the system crashing like it used to do when
using the full 64MB on the Apollo.
To see if NetBSD can be used in the same way, ie. running in the 16MB of
onboard RAM, I need to tell it to only use the 16MB of onboard RAM.
Is that possible ?

Regards
john vrolijk