Re: PCMCIA Ethernet

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 10:37:02PM +0100, Stefan Blomen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed NetBSD 1.5 and try to use a PCMCIA Ethernet card called "Synergy
> 21 S21810+". This card works fine under AmigaDOS with cnet.device.
> With NetBSD I use kernel netbsd.INSTWDCPCM, and it says at bootime:

> pccard0 at mainbus0
> pcmcia0 at pccard0
> Unknown kind of PCMCIA memory (amiga/dev/pccard.c)
> PCMCIA, Ethernet, A, 004743118001 (manufacturer 0xffffffff, product
> 0xffffffff)
> function 0 not configured
>

> Any suggestions?

Yes. Please tell us what the ethernet address printed on the card is.
The problem is that "ne" cards do not use the (younger) standard about how
to encode the ethernet address, so we have to write (or steal from other
OSes) special code for each card. I'll investigate, but need as much
information as possible.