Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5 : t-DSL
To: Amiga NetBSD maillist <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: J.O. Aho <trizt@iname.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/06/2001 10:53:14
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Thomas-Peter Klug wrote:

> Someone here from Germany using t-DSL with NetBSD-1.5 (current) ?

Not me...

> Any config-files or suggestions about setting up PPP (PPPoE)
> for use with t-DSL welcome.

Just thought to notify you that not all xDSL systems requers you to use PPPoE,
for many of the companies has a xDSL modem which handles this. If the t-DSL
uses a such modem, then you just give your ethernet card the IP-address as if
it was a normal network.

If I don't remeber it wrong, there was somekind setup program for PPPoE at
www.linux.org which is supposed to make it easier to setup for PPPoE
connection.

But what ever you do, check that if you have to use PPPoE, for that can save
you alot of work.

                                                                  (. .)
  E-Mail: trizt@iname.com                     URL: http://home.bip.net/trizt/
     IRC: irc.localhost.net:6667             Chan: #RealAmiga     Nick: Trizt
     ICQ: 13696780
  System: AmiOS/Linux System          (MC68040/25  PPC603e/160   AMD K7D/900)
                Find useful software, surf to www.trogsoft.org