Subject: port-amiga bugs, could I help?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Petri Koistinen <pkoistin@hit.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/21/2000 12:27:16
Hi!

I just looked at http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/port-amiga.html
and noticed that there are quite many reports that are quite old and maybe
some of them have already been fixed.

Could I somehow help to close cases? I could test fixes on my A1200 and
A4000 machines.

For exsample, I could look if PR 2732: "MSDOS fs is broken on the amiga"
is still valid.

And howabout closing suspended PR 8122: "NetBSD not booting" as reporter
has tried to boot NetBSD with 4 megs of RAM, while the version he tried
requires 6 megs of RAM.

I guess some feedback should asked from Bernd Ernersti about open PR 2934:
"kernel panic during a halt or reboot (/dev/reload)". I guess some
progress may have done been since, and this problem might not any longer
exists.

Open PRs 8218 and 8280 are duplicates, could they be somehow merged and
analyzed?

Maybe amiga portmaster has something new to say about open PR 2649: "A3000
hangs when attaching HP Scanjet IIcx" which has been submitted by himself.
=)

PR 5459: "Failures from the rgression tests on an amiga with a 68040 CPU"
within feedback state has reasonable question at the end:
"State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: tv
State-Changed-When: Sun Nov 5 20:29:17 PST 2000
State-Changed-Why:
This PR is from ages ago.  Does this still fail in regress?"
Could I somehow help with this problem with using 68060 or is there
someone with 68040 able to do the test again.

Is open PR 4332: "PR3123 test program makes 68060 panic if compiled with
old gcc" still valid, or have gcc been fixed? PR3123 seems to be closed
and bug described in have been fixed.

I think PR 6157: "floppy driver does not always recognize HD disks"  in
feedback state is fixed. I could test it too.

I hope something is done to above probrems and that I didn't make Ignatios
too angry. =)

Regards
Petri Koistinen