Subject: Re: GVP IO and other problems
To: Brugger Simon <bruggers@student.ethz.ch>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/05/2000 13:13:44
On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 09:30:45AM +0100, Brugger Simon wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I've an A2000 with a GVP Combo 040 33Mhz with 64MB RAM running NetBSD1.5_BETA.
> The system works well but i'd like to fix two problems:
>
> 1) The "gvpio" is recognized but not configured.

yes. it is in a list of zbus devices with known manufacturer/product id
pairs, but there's no driver for it that works.

> I've tried to compile the kernel adding the arch/amiga/dev/gvpio.c file. It doesn't work because the command "make depend" reports that the file /arch/amiga/dev/gvpiovar.h is missing.

> Any idea if there's an other possibility to make the GVP serial and paralell ports work, or where i could find this missing file?

"Finish writing the code". It's probably an oversight that it was committed
to the tree back then at all.

> 2) I use KDE 1.1.2 and kaudioserver doesn't work. Anybody knows if it's possible to let it run on an Amiga?

No idea. We have, on a GENERIC kernel, /dev/audio0 & /dev/sound0 on the
builtin audio, and /dev/audio1 & /dev/sound1 on the ZII Melody. Teach it
to use /dev/sound0, is my guess to what you need to do.