Subject: Re: ne0 buffer (was RE: web server problem)
To: Albert Zick <Amiga_User@excite.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/31/2000 12:29:08
> >After it stops serving can you still still communicate on the >network?
>
> No, I could not surf with links, and I could not download
> anything with ftp after it stoped serving web pages.
>
> I think that the problem is with the buffer and not with thttpd,
> because this is the error message I get. Plus nothing works
> that uses the ethernet card.
>
> I guess that my question should have been how do I change the
> buffer size of ne0? Is there a conf file I need to change in
> etc, or do I need to make some kind of change in the kernel?

Hmmm. If this is an issue with the ethernet card, then it really needs to
be debugged, because I'm sure there are a few more people out there with
AriadneII cards.

Try this:
After the network dies, try taking the network down and up again
ifconfig ne0 down
ifconfig ne0 up

And see if you can communicate.

What seems to be the most disturbing is that you say that you can't do a
ps waux after thttpd dies...

Anyone? Any ideas?

John Klos
--