Subject: Re: HDOff for NetBSD
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/22/2000 14:20:45
On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 01:13:07AM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> On 21.10.00, 21:24:26, Petri Koistinen wrote:

> > There is a nice tool for AmigaOS at aminet called HDOff. It will turn
> > harddrive motor off after specified time. Similar tool on NetBSD would
> > be quite nice too.
>
> For IDE-disks there is atactl, which can do that and other things. See
> its manpage for details. I'm not sure if it works with Amiga's IDE
> drives, but it works nicely on my (i386) notebook.

It works on any drive that is "new enough"; all 2.5" I know about are ok,
and all new 3.5" where I've tried work.

However, notice that this will only work with the Amiga wdc stuff, which is
new, but not yet standard configuration in 1.5. You'll have to use the
amigawdcpcmcia kernel, or build one yourself to taste.

Regards,
	Ignatios