Subject: Re: Config understandings
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/17/2000 20:40:11

> > I rebuilt my RSAREF, OpenSSL, and OpenSSH, and startup of sshd dropped
> > from about 60 seconds of CPU time to about 15 (comparatively, the same
> > config on a 40 mhz 68040 Mac takes about 31 seconds).
>
> I didn't look at RSAREF, OpenSSL and OpenSSH myself, but apparently somebody
> else did.
>
> It was a factor-of-10-improvement in startup time to pgp2 and sshd, when
> I made the change.

 Hhm. A while ago, I went back from ssh-1.2.27 to openssh and openssl,
 and the major delays I reported to teck-pkg (I think) ages ago are gone.
 No special compiler options, 68040/28MHz. Starting up sshd takes a few
 seconds, at max. Upgrading pkgsrc from openssl 0.9.5 (or earlier) to
 0.9.5a seems to have done a lot.