Subject: Re: [OT] Hardware Q
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/16/2000 16:10:43
>  If I put the card in, I don't see the drives on the internal SCSI
>  bus anymore. Someone suggested to upgrade the SCSI chip (currently
>  rev 00-04), but this is quite expensive, and I want to make sure
>  that I have at least a small chance of success.
>
>  [After some keyboard resets, I sometimes do see some of the partitions,
>   in the 3000's boot menu, but I can't boot off them.]

This may be related: I have a desktop A3000 in which I tried using a
CyberStorm Mk II and a Commodore A3640 (is that right? I'm talking about
the standard Commodore 68040 board).

The SCSI works just fine until the machine warms up for about ten minutes,
and then starts giving tons of errors.

I used a CyberSCSI module (literally sticking out the side), and the SCSI
connected to that was fine.

I'm running NetBSD on the motherboard 68030 because I could never get a
CPU card to be happy with the motherboard SCSI for more than 10
minutes. Perhaps you should plan to use the CyberStorm Mk III's SCSI
exclusively.

John Klos