Re: config problems

On 15-Paź-00, Lars Hecking wrote:

>> In /etc/ttys , set all entries for ttye? to "off", that show the "device
>> not configured" message.
>
> I don't quite understand this.
>
> IIRC I get this message for ttye0. /etc/ttys says ttye0 = custom chips.
> Now, I am quite sure that my kernel is compiled with custum chip support,
> so it shouldn't complain about ttye0. But it does. Why? Can there be only
> one (entry for ttye*, I mean ;) ?

There _can_ be only one active ("ON"). The others (namely those which names
are printed in the "device not configured" message) should be set to OFF
(probably you don't have all the supported display devices in your machine
at once) if you are concerned about the error messages. They are ON by
default since one _can_ have them (at least some of) in her machine whe
first booting. Setting OFF would render the device unusable on first boot
and prevent the display from working.

At least this is what I understand of the way it works.

Still it is strange that it complains about the custom chips...

--
      / /
     / /