Subject: Re: config problems
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Patryk =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A3ogiewa?= <silverdr@inet.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/15/2000 18:40:40
On 15-Pa=BC-00, Lars Hecking wrote:

>> In /etc/ttys , set all entries for ttye? to "off", that show the "devi=
ce
>> not configured" message.
> =

> I don't quite understand this.
> =

> IIRC I get this message for ttye0. /etc/ttys says ttye0 =3D custom chip=
s.
> Now, I am quite sure that my kernel is compiled with custum chip suppor=
t,
> so it shouldn't complain about ttye0. But it does. Why? Can there be on=
ly
> one (entry for ttye*, I mean ;) ?

There _can_ be only one active ("ON"). The others (namely those which nam=
es
are printed in the "device not configured" message) should be set to OFF
(probably you don't have all the supported display devices in your machin=
at once) if you are concerned about the error messages. They are ON by
default since one _can_ have them (at least some of) in her machine whe
first booting. Setting OFF would render the device unusable on first boot=

and prevent the display from working.

At least this is what I understand of the way it works.

Still it is strange that it complains about the custom chips...

-- =

      / /
     / /
    / /  silverdr@wfmh.org.pl