Subject: Re: config problems
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/15/2000 11:39:16
On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 11:07:30PM -0400, John Klos wrote:

> CFLAGS implies what default flags should be in any compile; since we have
> 68060s, that's all I add here (probably exactly the same as M68060=YES)

definitely not.

M68060=YES in /etc/mk.conf chooses a different libm to be built, and also
influences some of the big number aritmetic routines used by the ssh and
pgp packages.

> COPTFLAGS is for kernel compiling only, according to the mk.conf docs.

Uhm... do NOT change kernel compile flags until you really know what you're
doing. The kernel is already -m68060-ed if you build a 68060 only kernel.
Anything non-standard will make inline assembler for scheduling, MMU setup
etc. fail in interesting ways.

> Config? No.
Sometimes, yes. (if you upgrade to a 1.5ish kernel from a 1.4ish system, for
example).

> Boot kernel on Amiga partition? Yes.
if you're booting with the bootblocks, no.