problems after install - PART II

Hi,

First, I would like to thank everyone for there help!

I am now using excite for my email because headgap
was down most of the time for the last week. ( just
to let everyone that I have a different email address)

I seem to have made a couple of mistakes.

1) I installed NetBSD version 1.4.1 (I did this because
1.4.1 was current when I down loaded it. It was on my
hard drive I intalled) I don't think that I can use the
NetBSD packaging system, because I don't see the packages
I want to install listed for 1.4.1. I really hate to
replace it with 1.4.2, because of all the time I have
put into istalling 1.4.1. Should I replace 1.4.1 with
a newer version? Or would I be able to install everything
from source?

Here is a list of the software I would like to install:
thttpd or boa (or maybe Apache) ?
perl 5
pico
OpenSSH
lynx
maybe fastcgi

I look at installing them through the packaging system,
some of these packages require a number of other packages.
Will they be required if I install from source, and where
would I get the source for them?

2) I think that I made the root partition to large. I
think I made the root partition to large ( about 140 megs),
and I made the swap 300 plus megs. Will this create problem
sometime down the road to have these partition this large?

Thanks,
Jeanie

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html