Re: NetBSD on A1200 with DKB Cobra 40

Hi !

On 22 Aug 2000, Aymeric Vincent wrote:
> > After issuing "loadbsd -b netbsd.GENERIC", the screen gets blank
> > (background color, fullscreen), and nothing more happens.
> [...]
> > Does anyone have some hints? Anyone out there running NetBSD on a 1200 with
> > 030 and no FPU?
>
> I don't think this is related to the lack of FPU because I have the
> same problem here, with an MTEC@28MHz, 8M of RAM, and... a 68882 or a
> 68881.
>
> At which physical addresses do your 8M appear? 0x200000-0x9fffff, or
> are they remapped somewhere else? Same question: does the
> documentation for your card say that you can put more than 8M on it?

Checking...
The 7,5MB (512KB Kickstart are in RAM currently, but i also tried without the
startup-sequence) are at 0x10000000 here. Hmm, could be the problem.
The card is upgradeable to 128MB according to the docs. But the 8MB module is
the biggest lying around here, the other PS/2-modules with 16 or 32 Megs are
in my servers, and the board has only one socket...

> > On this board, there are 8 Megs of RAM, so it should be really
> > enough, i got it started on my A2000 with 4 Megs.
>
> Really? I thought this was a memory related problem... Maybe we should
> investigate this further... I'll try to build kernels with various
> options to see which ones hang, then.

Ok, i don't know exactly, what is in my A2000. NetBSD talks of 4MB FastRAM,
but due to some instability i have to fix, and the need of some more RAM for
this board (Evolution 3000), i put it into the cornet currently.

> > Network is a low-cost NE2000 compatible PCMCIA card.
>
> It shouldn't be recognized by the 1.4.3_ALPHA kernel (and by any 1.4.x
> kernel).

I have NFS in AmigaDOS currently, so this is not my biggest problem currently.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.