Subject: Re: Can't boot AmigaOS
To: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/09/2000 21:04:01
On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 05:14:52PM -0400, Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
> I know that my ram problem is caused by a bad connection between the ZIPs
> and the sockets, but I've found that the cause is loose sockets. I've not
> found any good solution as of yet. (I've just been unable to use the thing)
> I've thought about glueing, soldering and buying new hardware to bypass
> the problem but I have little money and am not convinced that gluing will
> work. (soldering just too dangerous.)

If you have loose sockets, you MUST resolder them; nothing else will really
help. If you can't do this, you have to find somebody with the equipment and
the knowledge to do it...

Btw, this was my exact problem back then. A bad soldered pin in one of the
ZIP sockets... my A3000 was fine as long as I only had DIP chips for FASTMEM.